Children's Book Quiz
- Anne of Green Gables
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- The Secret Garden
- A Little Princess
- Five Children and It
- The Princess and the Goblin
- The Jungle Book
- Black Beauty
- The Wind in the Willows
- Once on a dark winter's day, when the yellow fog hung so thick
and heavy in the streets of London that the lamps were lighted
and the shop windows blazed with gas as they do at night, an odd-
looking little girl sat in a cab with her father and was driven
rather slowly through the big thoroughfares.
- It was seven o'clock of a very warm evening in the Seeonee hills
when Father Wolf woke up from his day's rest, scratched himself,
yawned, and spread out his paws one after the other to get rid of
the sleepy feeling in their tips.
- Mrs. Rachel Lynde lived just where the Avonlea main
road dipped down into a little hollow, fringed with alders
and ladies' eardrops and traversed by a brook that had its
source away back in the woods of the old Cuthbert place.
- When Mary Lennox was sent to Misselthwaite Manor
to live with her uncle everybody said she was the most
disagreeable-looking child ever seen.
- The Mole had been working very hard all the morning, spring-
cleaning his little home.
- Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with
Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's
- The house was three miles from the station, but before the dusty
hired fly had rattled along for five minutes the children began to
put their heads out of the carriage window and to say, 'Aren't we
- There was once a little princess whose father was king over a great
country full of mountains and valleys.
- The first place that I can well remember was a large pleasant
meadow with a pond of clear water in it.
Thanks to Tonya Allen, quizmaster!